Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thrift Store Find Contest: Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge

The challenge required us to find something to repurpose from a local thrift store.  We then had to use 4 cricut cuts in our project.  I began by going to the local thrift store and purchased a small glass container for 50 cents.



Recently, some of my crafting friends and I have been making valentines for charity, so that inspired me to do a valentine theme consisting of hearts and the word "love".  The love cut was from Create a Critter and the 3 hearts were cut from the following cartridges: Ashlyn's Alphabet, Cindy Loo, and Gypsy Wanderings.

I began by cutting my images out of vinyl and placing the vinyl on the glass container.   




I then added my etching solution and allowed it to sit for approximately 45 minutes (i have learned it takes longer than it says on the bottle).



While the container was etching, I began working on the lid.  I used my i-rock to bling it up with some light pink gems and some light pink ribbon.



Here is the final project.  I think it turned out really cute and will really look good with some valentine candy inside.  Hope you enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! This would make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! Great job!!! I live in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete